Undergraduate Program for Advanced Project-based Information Science Education (Seeds Class)
Ⅰ. Educational Objectives
This program is designed in a unique “learning-via-doing” approach in that the course study is closely integrated to the research and development practices from real engineering projects. Lecturing time is considerably reduced; however, more credits are contributed to hands-on practical training and interns in order to enhance the students with high self-motivation and quick learning capability, strong innovation initiatives and problem-solving capability. The students are comprehensively trained to produce top-tier elites with solid technical background and outstanding leadership.
Students are expected to acquire the following knowledge or skills:
- Consolidated background in both mathematics and physicsand strong English capability;
- Skills in searching literatures and writing technical report, and familiar with the development trends in the discipline and research frontiers;
- Understanding basic theories and skills in information science, electronics science and computer science;
- Hands-on engineering experiences in solving real problems in the design and development ofcommunication and information systems;
- Sound knowledge in humanities-and-art and good personality;
- Cooperative attitude as a team player and strong innovative initiatives.
Ⅲ. Program Features
This program focuses on the design and application of electronic devices and systems in circuit and signal processing. Students are required to construct solid and broad theoretical background, and they are enhanced with the hands-on engineering experiences and innovation initiatives. In particular, the students are strong in solving real engineering problems and quick learning; they are able to apply knowledge flexibly in solving real problems in that the knowledge follows the students in a life-long fashion; they are fully-developed with moral integrity, excellent working style and outstanding coordination capability.
Ⅳ. Major Disciplines
Electronics Science and Technology
Ⅴ. Length of schooling and Degree
Length of Schooling: Four years
Degrees Conferred: Bachelor of Engineering
Ⅵ. Hours/ Credits
The students in the Seed Class in their year I and II take the same courses together with the students in the same major for information science. The students in the Seed Class in their year III and IV follow the curriculum of their own for separate lecture delivery. Minimum Credits of Curriculum (including course system and intensive practical training / internship): 187
Minimum Extracurricular Credits: 5